Monday 24 January 2011

The MA Project: Design Development

Things I've been doing recently..
Intergrating embroidery with the body and shape.

Georgia O'keeffe. My life time (so far) inspiration.

 Digitalised O'Keeffe's image and stitched onto fake suede. Half size.

 Different design stitched onto beaver wool.


 Taking and cutting away the fabric and playing on the full size.
This is the fun part!

 Subtle combination of colours. Like the idea but not quite sure if
this one worked.. but definately love the texture. Fine thread, tatami stitch
and the rough 起毛fabric.(ahaha~)

Simply cutting around the edge of part of the embroidery,
then tucking, folding, draping, wrapping, fitting, etc.




1 comment:

  1. I've always loved O'keeffe's works too! the first time I saw "poppy" I just fell in love with it.
    love how you can incorporate what you like into your designs. really interesting "omosiroine~" (that's what my Aussie friend says all the time lol) :)

    ReplyDelete